Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just how easy is it to be green?

Do you know what I love? A college that completely ignores my interests.

When I took the PLAN and the PSAT, there were sections asking about your grades and school career to help colleges scout students. One section asks what career or area of study interests you. On both tests, I answered either Television or Creative writing, or something to that effect.

I got an email the other day from Stony Brook College Southampton. The email told me about their exciting green technology curriculum. What? Apparently they think that the green boom is so big that every student, everywhere, will drop their original college plans, and race to apply to Stony Brook.

The problem is that many schools now have green technology programs, if not majors. Most of them, though, only show it off to students who have already shown interest in similar programs. Just because I'm "focused on my future" doesn't mean I'll be swept off my feet by a green technology program.

No comments:

Post a Comment